No, the technical employee can generate a Developer License. This license can be used by holders of commercial or academic licenses for test and development purposes. It is also possible to use this license for not product-related installations on a cold-standby-server. This license will be provided free of charge. The date of expiration of the Developer License is connected to the expiration date of your product.
The technical employee can generate a key with the following steps:
- Log in to my.atlassian.com
- Click on the plus sign to expand the license details by the license you want generate a key for.
- In the details click on “View Developer License”.
- Read the agreement on the Developer License.
- Click on “View” to confirm.
- A license key is generated. Transfer this key via copy & paste to your server. You can generate more than one key, for example, if you use different servers for research-, development and quality assurance.
We are happy to assist you with the creation of keys for Developer Licenses.