Draw.io - How can I conceptually create the best/most legible UX Diagram?

What are the best approaches and things that I should conceptually consider to make the best/most legible diagram, which is easy to follow?

Hi there,

UX diagrams, UX flows, User flows, or flowcharts, as they are sometimes called, are diagrams that display a user’s step-by-step movement or journey. From the entry point to the final interaction of a product.

In general, a user journey as a diagram can be divided into four different phases. Dividing it into these stages can ensure that all components of the UX diagram are considered so that you can create the best diagram for you and your business.

1. Identify target users and create appropriate personas.

In this phase, it is important that you are able to identify future users. A common strategy at this stage is to develop customer personas, i.e. profiles that represent the type of users you want to target.

1. Define the goals/needs of future users and set up end goals.

Once the user personas are in place, next, you need to capture the end goals of the users and, based on that, map the flow or the touchpoints of the users with the company or the product. If you work with Confluence, you have an advantage by being able to use all the possibilities of draw.io, including many features useful in creating flowcharts.

1. Convert goals into tasks and their logical sequence.

Once the personas have been identified and the end users’ goals and needs are known - Now you should develop a chronological sequence of all the tasks that need to be completed to accomplish the users’ goals and visualize them coherently.

1. Create a user flow diagram

Now it’s time to put everything together in a UX user flow diagram: This is where every conceivable path that a customer could take on the way to their goals is represented in the diagram. Creating UX diagrams using drawio is simple and easy.