I’ll copy your questions and add in my answers:
- What could be the price of migration to cloud and of migration to data center?
Obviously, that depends on user tier, but you can find all of the pricing at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210933/draw-io-diagrams-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=pricing , selecting the hosting pull-down for cloud, server or DC.
- What are the plans for currently valid licences and renewals?
We will continue to allow renewal of current licenses.
If customers below the 1,000 user tier would like credit transfer from server to DC or cloud, they can apply to firstname.lastname@example.org to request that.
- What options do these clients have and what could the price of this migration be?
We provide all of the options that Atlassian provide for their migrations. draw.io does not exclude any option customers have for the host products.
- Will there be any bonuses for the migration?
We follow both the dual licensing and loyalty discount programmes for paid-via Atlassian apps.
Server and Data Center customers who are moving to a 1,001+ user Cloud license are eligible for a loyalty discount:
- For annual cloud subscription purchases dated prior to January 1st, 2021: 55% discount from then-current published list price;
- For 2nd year annual cloud subscription renewals dated prior to January 1st, 2022: 40% discount from then-current published list price; and
- For 3rd year annual cloud subscription renewals dated prior to January 1st, 2023: 20% discount from then-current published list price
The dual licensing scheme provides free cloud licenses up to 12 months while customer migrate from DC and server. This applies to 1,000+ user tier licenses that are currently active.
- Will you, in the future, follow the timeline of changes which was introduced by Atlassian?
We have not formally declared draw.io for Confluence Server as deprecated in 2024, as server products have been. That said, draw.io is a paid-via-Atlassian app, so Atlassian will likely determine the latest maintenance that is possible for the product. We do not plan to support the app when we are not able to charge money for it via the marketplace.
We’ll likely remove the licensing checks in the server versions in 2024 to simplify licensing for users that wish to continue using server. The free version will be unsupported, however.