Jira - how can you easily search for issues (without setting up filters)

How can I find e.g. the issues I created? I don’t want to configure complicated filters, just kind of like a fast search.

You can use various criteria to search for issues. Click on “Issues” in the menu, then on “Search for issues”.

You will see several predefined searches in the sidebar that you can use simply by clicking on them, for example, “My open issues”. These are all of the issues that are currently assigned to you and not yet completed.

You can use the sidebar to quickly search for issues “Reported by me”, “All issues”, “Open issues”, “Done issues”, and issues that were “Viewed recently”, “Created recently”, “Resolved recently”, or “Updated recently”.

Using one of these searches, find the issue you want to view and click on it.

Watch our Video #11 of the Video Tutorial Series “Learn Atlassian Jira” and see this page of Atlassian’s original documentation.

When you regularly search for issues using the same criteria, you can save this as a filter. Then you won’t have to define search criteria each time you want to display those issues, you only have to click once.

Define and run your search,

then click on “Save as” above the search results.

58 PM

Enter a name for your filter and click on “Submit”. Now you have created a new filter.

This filter will be added to your favorites and you can access it via the menu under “Issues”.

Please watch our Video #12 of the Video Tutorial Series “Learn Atlassian Jira” and see this page of Atlassian’s original documentation about search filters.