Licensing sub-set of users for draw.io in Confluence Cloud

Hi team,

I used to use draw.io Confluence macro in my previous company and I loved it, it made it so easy to embed diagram in Confluence page.

I am now in a new company and they don’t use it, I’d like to get them to purchase a license but I have a bit of a problem. The entire organization over 250, but only the engineering team leads, architects and managers (10-20 people) will need to use this macro.

I won’t be able to get the company to purchase a license for 250+ but I could for 10-20 people. Is there any way to license a sub-set of users?

Unfortunately, Confluence Cloud licensing doesn’t provide a mechanism to license a sub-set of users. However, we do have a solution to get you working with basic diagramming in your case.

Using draw.io unlicensed provides you with the diagramming editor functionality to create, edit and save diagrams. Many of the integration functions to Confluence are missing in the free version, but it’s worth testing to see if the free version meets your needs.

To use the free version, install draw.io for Confluence Cloud then stop any trial of the product. The manage apps page will show draw.io as unlicensed, but don’t worry about that.

–––––––
Fore more general info on draw.io for Confluence or Jira, please refer to our draw.io webpage.

And some great blogposts! Blog - draw.io

1 Like