We've made the decision to transition to scaled agile. Any tips to help make sure it's a success?

Between myself and a few other colleagues who’ve all been at our organization for a number of years, we’ve seen projects or initiatives come and go, or initial excitement at the outset but then fail after that wears off. We are transitioning to scaled agile framework and want to do everything we can to ensure this sticks. Recommendations? Thanks

Aha! A fellow believer in “Honest Abe” Lincoln’s addage - “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” By that I mean doing everything possible at the outset to help ensure success. Good for you and your colleagues!

In addition to having a number of you and your staff trained as SPC’s (SAFe® Program Consultants), and training and buy in from your C level staff. another smart move would be the creation there of a Lean-Agile Center of Excellence, or “LACE”.

In a nutshell, think of it as the team driving the bus for your organization. We just published an article earlier this year which dives into the topic so it may get you started.

In Focus: Who or What is the LACE?

Best of luck!

1 Like