What does the Linchpin Manager do?

Hi,

What does the Linchpin Manager do exactly, when would we need it?

Kind regards.

Hi,

Generally speaking, the Linchpin Manager enables our personalization features in Linchpin. So you can personalize your news channels, navigation, events and all other content on the Dashboard and everywhere else including the app.

Also all communication between apps is handled through the Linchpin Manager. So styling of the menus of the navigation menu through the Linchpin Theme Plugin editor needs the Linchpin Manager.

We only recommend to omit the Linchpin Manager, if your budget is very tight. Linchpin is meant to run with the Linchpin Manager. You will get a perpetual 50% discount for the Linchpin Manager if you buy it with a Linchpin Partner or us.

Does that help?

Thanks for the explanation, but it’s still not 100% clear when the manager is needed. E.g. if we install Themes, Microblogging, Mobile, News and Menu editor: do we need the Linchpin Manager? Will there be features that do not work if manager is not installed?

Another question: when we use the Linchpin theme on a space we get a footer like this:

Is there a way to edit that footer?

Thanks for your message. Let me try to give you some quick answers:

Your question: “E.g. if we install Themes, Microblogging, Mobile, News and Menu editor: do we need the Linchpin Manager? Will there be features that do not work if manager is not installed?”

My answer: All features will work. But if you want to have personalized news on the dashboard or in the app, this is only possible with the Linchpin Manager. Otherwise it’s a “one for all” approach. For a consistent layout between theme and menu the Linchpin Manager is necessary.

Your question: Another question: when we use the Linchpin theme on a space we get a footer like (screenshot) Is there a way to edit that footer?

My answer: Yes, the footer can be edited with the Linchpin Theme Plugin. See here:

Does that help?