What should I look for when choosing which app to download from the Atlassian Marketplace?

I’m looking for an app in the Atlassian Marketplace, but I’m wondering: is the rating system reliable? And the comments? How do I know I buy the app that’s the best for my use case?

Hi there!

You’re right, there are a lot of apps in the Atlassian Marketplace, quite a few for every use case. Some have been installed thousands of times, some haven’t, some have high reviews and some have a few low ratings that bring the average down quite a bit, so it can be difficult to decide. As with every review platform, like Google Reviews for example, it’s best to take some of them with a grain of salt.
So how do you find the right one for the job that you need it for? Well, that would take a lot of time to explain. Instead, why don’t you read our blog article on exactly this topic: The 6 Pitfalls of the Atlassian Marketplace: What Should You Look out for When Choosing an App?? I’m sure you’ll find some good tips in there.