What are the KPIs for intranet?
The main KPIs for a social intranet is engagement by its users. If you have a company with 1000 employees, you want all of them to read and write in the intranet multiple times per day . They shall do it on their computers and their smartphones (forget about the mobile first shit).
Reaching that goal is what your KPIs are for. So for every KPI you can ask the following questions:
- Does it help me quantify the engagement of our user reading our content?
- Does it help me measure writing procedures of our users?
- Does it give reliable info on quantity or quality of this activity?
Here is a list of very simple KPIs, that most systems should have:
- Daily active users (reading)
- Daily active contributers (writing)
Less interesting and available in abundance:
- Unique visitors
- Page views
- Session time