Our team of software developers want to use Bitbucket. I‘ve seen it‘s not free. Why should we use it? Is it best practice?
What is Bitbucket
Bitbucket provides software teams with private Git repositories and a singular platform to plan, collaborate, test and deploy projects. Teams are facing an ever increasing number of projects, repositories and feature requests. Bitbucket provides developers with a central location to manage their code. Bitbucket can deployed in the Atlassian Cloud or hosted.
For more information and to test Bitbucket, please visit our Bitbucket information page.
Why use Bitbucket
- Connect to your Jira instance, allowing you to create branches from issues.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery is built-in with Bitbucket Pipes.
- Pricing is based on users, not code repositories. Up to 5 users is free, with unlimited private repositories.
- Project planners can fine tune specific permissions per project.
- Atlassian’s ever expanding Marketplace has over 200 apps for Bitbucket.
- Customize your pull request workflows with different merge strategies, merge conditions and default reviewers.
Bitbucket is a Git-based coding system that is a host for Git repositories. It allows for easy collaboration for software teams on a single-server deployment. You can try Bitbucket for free and better familiarize your team with the product.
There are various reasons why Bitbucket is the best option when it comes to coding systems. It is convenient, easy to use, and it can expand with your business because there are two different Bitbucket software options. Your team can choose from the single server option, Bitbucket Server, then once your team has outgrown Bitbucket Server, you can upgrade to Bitbucket Data Center which is an active-active cluster.
- You get a perpetual license and free year of maintenance
- Bitbucket is a git-based coding system with a completely private repository
- As your business grows, so does your software options. It is a git that grows with you and does not stay stagnant.
- Bitbucket provides workflows and is heavily secured. It includes fine-grained permissions, LDAP support, customizable development workflows, and audit logs.
- It is specifically designed specifically for team collaboration, so any hooks, add-ons, code review rules and other features are easily accessible and visible to all team members.
- Bitbucket is instantly scalable: You can add notes without down time or any interruption to your license. It is convenient and reliable.
- It’s easy to administer: You can easily set up administrative restrictions and workflow settings.
- Atlassian offers 24/7 support from their Technical Account Managers: There will never be a time when you are not able to receive assistance if needed. Atlassian has a team of professionals available at all times to assist you with any issues you have with the product.